fresh from the garden

fresh from the garden

Pages

Welcome to the ramblings of a fifty-something suburban "farmer"

Hoping that if you should stumble upon this blog my daily musings might bring a little smile to your day.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

a hard days night

Sitting here in the cyber cafe at the hotel and they are playing the Beatles so I figured the hard day part fit . Yesterday was a pretty tough day.IT WAS HOT. I made three batches of cement on the ground as well as shoveling rocks and dirt and bucket brigaded concrete to fill in some bond beams.Pastor Ken and Brad led teams to finish the blockwork on the second floor . I had my first real conversation with a national in my ten missions trips.The principal of the school knows less English than I know Spanish but it was a good conversation. We talked about family. Did I mention it was HOT?By the end of the day I looked like I worked hard, I think there was more concrete showing than skin. We got the shower fixed yesterday ,I wasn't really liking the the whole" try taking a shower maybe get a shock" thing .I like a hot shower but not that much. I was talking about cooking with Gladys ( the principal and Mario's wife) and I might get a shot at making tortillas on Monday. should be interesting. We have Church this morning.It's really different from at home ,even though it's not in English you can really feel God's presence it's alive!!!Wondering if my guitar cake made it to the party and if they liked it. Did I mention that it's Hot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. Good or bad.