fresh from the garden

fresh from the garden

Pages

Welcome to the ramblings of a fifty-something suburban "farmer"

Hoping that if you should stumble upon this blog my daily musings might bring a little smile to your day.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

back in the saddle again

Woke up this morning with a little nip in the air and dogs sleeping on my legs .It's good to be home. It's great to see everything here turning emerald green.As I settle in my mind drifts through the last week and a half coming upon highlights kind of like finding rare mushrooms in the forest. Time had softened my resolve to serve God through missions trips .The further away I got ,the more blurred it became .This trip has brought it back into crisp focus.The fresh memories of the faces and smiles have renewed me and helped remind me me that I am making a difference for eternity .While I really enjoyed the trip I have so much to do I can't let it overwhelm me.I'm going to have to start by prioritizing life and death things first (for the plants not me). If I don't get the rest of the blueberry plants in today they'll probably die so I'll tackle that first .then I must transplant the leeks and plant another round of cukes and peas . I have to get the fence up around the blueberries so that I'm not putting the rabbits on the "Wanted dead or alive" posters.Then on to the raised beds so they will be ready for the new plants . Gotta clear up the back yard and start on the mud oven. I've been offered some blackberries just gotta dig them up (plenty of time no problem).I finally got to talk to Eric and the guitar cake was a big hit. There are pix in the slide show at the bottom.I'm sure in the future it won't take fourteen hours. I told him when he makes the bigs I'm his "cake boss". There's a fifty to sixty degree difference from Honduras to here .Did I mention it's kind of chilly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. Good or bad.